Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the site if I am not a student or a staff member?
Yes, as the site is on the internet, it can be accessed by anyone.
Can I use the site if I do not have access to a computer?
The online store is only available as an online service, but even if you do not have a computer or internet-enabled device of your own, you can visit the store using a public computer.
Is it possible to just browse the system?
Yes, the store is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you wish to make a purchase via the online store, you must register with us, using your e-mail address and choosing your own exclusive password. Once this is done, you can revisit or buy whenever you wish.
If I buy, how can I get confirmation of my order?
When you purchase goods or services from our store, you will automatically receive confirmation by e-mail to the address you gave in your registration, showing what items you have ordered and what you have paid.
How long will I have to wait for my goods?
It depends what you have ordered. Once you have ordered and paid for goods that include delivery, your order will be passed to the relevant department, for delivery to be arranged to your registered address. It is therefore vital that your address is current and correct and that arrangements are in place to accept delivery, otherwise goods may be returned to us. If you have not received your goods within four weeks of ordering, you should contact us via the online store.
What if I can't remember my password?
At each login stage you will see a forgotten password button, where you enter your e-mail address and a reminder of your password is then sent to you, by e-mail, usually within minutes of your request.
Is there a limit to what I can buy from the store?
Limitations only extend to availability of stock or services still offered. In certain cases there may be limits per customer, but in these situations messages will appear when choosing your goods.
Can I get an item delivered to a different address to the card holder?
Yes, as long as the address is added to your account.
Will the system automatically log me out of the site?
When you reach the confirmation screen you are automatically logged out of your account, if you wish to log out before that go to 'My Account' at the top of the screen and press on the 'click here' link.
When I'm buying, can I change my mind as I go?
Yes, you can keep building your shopping basket adding and deleting as you go, but once you submit from the payment details screen your order will be fulfilled.
What can I do if I have made a mistake but have completed the transaction?
Should you have a problem after completing a purchase, you would need to contact the online store T: 01904 876614 or E: email@example.com
How do I register?
Registration is a straightforward process using your e-mail address and a password of your choosing. Once registered you can revisit and make purchases without the need to register again. As part of the registration process you must enter personal details such as your address and contact details. It is your responsibility to make sure these are correct and subsequently updated when necessary.
Could my registration be cancelled?
York St John University reserves the right to suspend or cancel a registration entirely at its own discretion.
Can I change my password?
You can change your password by logging in using your current password and updating your personal details. Remember though, do not disclose your password to others. You are responsible for all orders made using your password.
Is the store secure?
The pages in which you enter personal details or payment information are secured using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology provided by Thawte.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept all major debit and credit cards (Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard credit card, Visa Electron) with the exception of American Express and Mastercard debit cards.
My payment was unsuccessful - what should I do?
Who do I contact if I have a query about my order?
- Check that the transaction amount is under your card limit and that you have sufficient funds.
- Check that all card details have been entered correctly, and the card is within its expiry date.
- Check that you have entered your billing address and postcode correctly/as held by your card issuer - go to 'My Account', scroll down to My Addresses.
- The University applies Verified by Visa/3D Secure to its online payment pathways for extra security. This can occasionally cause problems when the card issuing bank is not enabled for this functionality, and may result in a failed transaction error message or 'blank screen'. Try another card if possible. If the problem persists please contact the relevant department, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The online store works with most internet browsers, including Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 6 and above, however Internet Explorer 6 can experience 'timeout' issues. Consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 for enhanced security.
- After three failed payment attempts, your card will be automatically blocked by your card issuer. Wait 24 hours before trying again or contact the relevant department for other ways to pay.
Please contact the individual product supplier, details should be available in the Product Description. If there are no details provided, please contact the Finance Office on T: 01904 876614 or E: email@example.comWhat else do I need to do?
The only other request of you is that you must accept our terms and conditions as you complete your purchase. This safeguards both of us and ensures a smooth and trouble-free buying experience.