These workshops are open to everyone, from newcomers who want to take up a hobby through to experienced artists looking to continue their practice and hone their skills. It is not a taught class but encouragement and advice will be given where needed.
Each week we will be working with a nude life model, these may change week to week and will include both male and female life models. Please bring your own materials.
Workshops will take place 6:30-8:30pm every Monday evening in FS028, York St John University, Lord Mayor's Walk Campus, York.
Important COVID-19 Information:
It’s important for everyone that we comply with government guidelines to maintain social distancing. This means we can enable our artists and life models to confidently enjoy a life drawing class in the safest way possible.
- We supply a range of papers and drawing materials but you are welcome bring your own.
- Easels are arranged to give users personal space.
- Entrance and exit routes will be clearly marked and hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance.
- Hand washing and toilet facilities are available.
- You may wear a face covering if you wish.
- Tea and coffee is provided but please do not bring food or alcohol into the life room.
- Please do not attend if you have (or anyone you live with has) any symptoms of coronavirus, a positive test result, or are self-isolating or waiting for a test result.
Please contact [email protected] if you require any further information about the workshop.
Disclaimer: All information is subject to change in accordance with government guidelines and restrictions. If classes are cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions, attendees who have booked a place will be given a full refund, or the option to transfer to a later class when restrictions have lifted again.
About the facilitator
Rob Oldfield is a Fine Art technician at York St John University. He has modelled for life classes for many years and runs life drawing workshops at the Stanley and Audrey Burton Gallery in Leeds and the Leeds University student union life classes.
Rob now coordinates all the life classes for York St John University. As a tutor Rob encourages, advises and listens so please come along and take advantage of his skills and experience.